Embroidery is everywhere this season, from intricate party dresses to eye-catching clutch bags, embracing the embroidery trend is now easier than ever. Denims are making a trendy style statement with almost every piece sporting a colorful embroidery pattern. Embroidered patterns and weaves are appearing on everything from denim jeans and ‘shackets’ (a shirt and jacket combination), to chokers, boots and those fail safe white sneakers. The trend is a nice nod to the ’70s, and it is present in every iteration imaginable this season, from florals to insect motifs. Embroidery increasingly features in the international collections
The key to wearing embroidery is investing in pieces that can work all year round – so they won’t date by the next season. Plain shirts, clutch bags, heels and party dresses are a great way of doing this as these items can be used throughout the year.
Here are the top six reasons for you to try the embroidered apparel fashion trend:
Style is a personal choice so you can rock this fashion trend in your own personal way.
- Play around with the monochrome trend and go with one shade for top, coat and pants. Add embroidery elements to make the outfit pop.
With so many DIY options on the market, there is no need to purchase a new outfit to rock this hot new trend. You can simply purchase an embroidered motif and paste or stitch it on to the desired garment.
The trend allows you to express your artistic and creative side.
- A stitched-sleeve tee offers a subtle way to work the embroidered trend.
- Look for embroidered sleeve details that reference this season’s military style jacket.
- Embroidery gets an elegant twist with tonal stitching on a sleek leather pouch.
- An airy dress with an arts-and-crafts appeal is the best way to beat the heat straight through the end of summer.
There are loads of options to choose from. You can rock the trend on bottoms, tops, outerwear, dresses or denim.
- Add an artisanal edge to your warm-weather ensembles with an embellished bandana.
- Choose a simple black mini dress in velvet with a floral embroidered front. Team this with a pair of black block heeled boots or suede over-the-knee boots.
5. The embroidered denim trend is a trend you are going to be stuck with all year round.
- Choose a cotton poplin shirt with floral embroidery across the front. Wear it loose over a plain white tee and a pair of skinnies with pumps or add heels for glamour.
- On cooler days, pair an oversized sweater with a pair of jeans with floral motifs.
- Try wearing an oversized hoodie beneath an embroidered denim jacket. Complete the outfit by adding suede over-the-knee boots.
- For a classic combination with a twist, marry a crisp white shirt with a pair of embroidered high-waisted jeans.
- Wear a dark satin bomber jacket with embroidered back motif over a pair of cropped jeans and loafers. Add a small neck scarf to add a chic element to your outfit. A sporty bomber in spring’s
- hottest shade is a fresh way to top feminine separates and brighten your work-to-weekend looks.
There are some great pieces that embrace the embroidery trend this season. If you’re still not sure about the embroidery trend, there’s also more subtle items for you to try, so you can have a taste of the trend and decide if you want to purchase more pieces.
Playing around with the textures available this season will give your outfit extra texture and interest. Look at combining woolens, cotton, leather, satin, velvet and denims to give your look a more individualised style. Whether you add texture for accents or as a focal point, your embroidery trend will be fresh and trendy this season.
- Add a faded denim jacket with embroidered flowers and butterflies over a feminine white cotton dress. Finish the look with a pair of black detailed ankle boots.
- Wear a woollen blazer style jacket, simple cotton tee with a mini leather skirt with embroidered flowers ready for the office.
- Choose a tailored black silk shirt to wear with an A-Line black velvet mini with a floral embroidered front.
- For a casual yet chic look, pair a light blue poplin shirt with floral motifs under a loose suede shirt and leatherpants.
- Wear a satin bomber jacket with embellished fish or flowers. Team with a pair of cut of jeans and a white tee.
- Avoid pairing two large patterns, especially if you’re petite. (For example, try layering a button-down blouse with an embroidered collar or sleeves beneath a fully embroidered sheath dress.)
- Choose similar color themes (they should have at least one hue in common).
- Stick to linear alignments for the most flattering silhouette. (Pair side-embroidered joggers with a side-embroidered cardigan to create a clean line from top to bottom.)
The embroidery trend has tons of options available. Work with the textures that are available to you to make a look that will see you at the front of the pack this season.
To add extra warmth for colder days and nights, look at the myriad of coat and jacket styles that are available this season. Choose well and this will help enhance your embroidered outfit, keep you on trend, and have the added advantage of keeping you warm!